Saturday, April 2, 2011

Welcome Spring, welcome homeownership!

So, I have been quite busy, and not working on projects for Sweet Nothings.  But projects for our new home in Florida!  And its been quite interesting all along the way.  So I thought I would post some before photos, and start going through the process of renovation, and revitalizing!  I mean I will have alot to share, and unfortunately with the Spring Fling event I took part of, may be the last for a little while.  My blog will evolve a bit, only temporarily, but into our journey with our new house, and the projects we take on.  But all are related to my love of design and pretty things.  So, its going to be a mix!  I may throw a few giveaways here and there, so you gotta keep checking on me ; )  I am sneaky!  So starting below are photos of the house, before.  Its a more typical architecture for Florida, well residential maybe not beach type homes.  Its in a wonderful neighborhood, quiet, and we are in the back of the development.  So we sit on almost 3/4 of an acre of land, which is hard to find in the city limits.  We back up to private land, and in the neighborhood is a horse stable, and someone has chickens!  There are a few little ponds too, its close to shopping and a neighborhood grocery store, AND, an ice cream shop!  I can't wait to ride our bikes to have dessert on a summer day!  So, see here, all the work we have to do, its a fixer upper!

 Front yard, all St. Augustine Grass!  Its going to be nice one day. 
 Back yard, deck is nice, but needs some work...
 And those plants, they aren't ours, they are the previous owner.  They left alot of things around, so we have been cleaning. 
 Side gate and yard, potential is there....
 Galley kitchen, needs all new appliances, new floor, new countertop, and new cabinet doors...

 Guest bath, needs alot too...

Living room is nice, opens to the kitchen, something I am happy about!  
 And who thought dark green was a good idea....
 Master bath, more work ahead! 
 But we have an orange tree! 
 See the boards coming up....yeah, work, but it will be worth it. 
Bella likes it, she loves the big yard!  And we will too soon enough.  We will like 4 bedrooms, and 2 baths, and a mudroom with a two car garage.  Open layout, and light and airy.  And we can watch the sunset out our windows everyday, its going to be great! 

5 comments:

  1. How cool - I see so much potential. Can't wait to see what you do with it. In the meantime, I can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very spacious and has tons of potential Candace Ashley! I'm sure it will be beautiful once you get in there and do your stuff! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new house!!!! Looks like a nice place...but also looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Hope you have a good time planning and renovating! Looking forward to seeing what you do with each room that needs a facelift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!!! love your new house, you are soooo lucky, I want to move to Fla so bad,lol...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a Sweet Nothing!