Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fall is for Burlap lovers

And the creativity continues!  Burlap everywhere!  I keep finding great blogs showing some great crafts with burlap.  I have to blog about them today because they are inspiring me for other new projects.  The juices are flowing.  I am working on a pillow design, well a few right now.  One is for my sister, its burlap and the beach!  She is in the mountains, so I am making her a little bit of beach inspiration for her apartment.  I can't wait to share it with you.  Then there is my designer friend in NC, I have made her two burlap pillows with fabric transfers, and now I have a Christmas pillow to make for her.  So I will definitely show and tell : )  But first, some great crafters and lovers of the burlap fabric! I have been following these blogs, and these ladies are truly great!  Enjoy!
Happy Holidays from Ucreate
And this gorgeous runner, made from corn husks and burlap, check out the tutorial at Blue Cricket Design
This is one of my new favorite blogs!  Her crafts and her life are something I really can relate to!  Thank you Till death do us part, or crazy we go!
I love this fabric because its so different, and easy to work with.  Its casual, and classy at the same time.  And the texture is like non-other.  When we got married in a barn, burlap was my fabric of choice.  I have always been attracted to textural fabrics, and it just made sense to use it in my work.  Enjoy seeing beautiful things in unexpected places : )
 Adding burlap to plants, around the base is just a nice touch!  And look at the simple burlap trees!  Its just such an easy fabric to use. Tatertots and Jello
Check out TJ for some cute fall and Christmas ideas!
I have always LOVED this one, I am still going to try this in the Spring, just a cute little something extra!
Bird nest
This is really a great idea.  I am going to have to try this one as well!  I love it!

Fall Etsy
There are so many great things you can do with burlap, for the Fall, or for any holiday or occasion for that matter.  Its an easy fabric to use, very versatile, very forgiving, and great texture.  Its my signature fabric, and I will continue to plug away at ideas! Enjoy! ; ) 

4 comments:

  1. What a spectacular blog you have here! Everything is so beautiful! I don't know if you've ever seen my Burlap collection, but I do vintage-style work on canvas with burlap, quilled roses, and vintage graphics and each piece comes inside its own burlap bag...

    I love your header--the room is spectacular! and love the chandelier!
    Wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is amazing, almost makes me want to sew..almost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go showing off with the burlap again! Ack, my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a Sweet Nothing!