Wednesday, May 6, 2015

2014, another new year...

2014 had arrived.  I reflected on 2013.  It had been quite a year.  We did IVF, had a miscarriage, I had been to Neocon in Chicago which was something I had always wanted to do, we had been to the gulf coast, we had an FET, and another loss, and I landed a large clinic project at work.  My career seemed to be going so well, and our personal lives were good, minus the losses.  We got the bloodwork back that I did before the holidays.  I had a blood clotting disorder called MTHFR.  Hmm...interesting!  The doctor said he saw this a lot with reoccurring miscarriages, and if we did the procedures again, he would recommend being on heparin.  And so we then did our little surgery, to come to find out I had a septum in my uterus, which the doctor removed.  Another thing was that the embryo may have attached to the septum, which doesn't have any blood flow.  So we had 2 things we had found out in less than a month and after a year of heart ache.  I hate that we couldn't have found this sooner, but sometimes you try to do the least invasive thing before you go in and do more.  Its a conservative approach and I get it.

We had found some potential culprits, but I wasn't ready to jump back into the fertility pool just yet.  I needed to take some time.  My husband agreed, so I focused on work an the house for a couple of months.  End of March, we started talking about it again.  We wanted a family, we wanted a baby, it was looming. I got my nerve back up quicker than I thought.  So I called the doctor and scheduled an end of May procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a Sweet Nothing!