Tuesday, April 14, 2015

New Year....2013

We were hopeful, this was a new year!  Everyone always says that, new year, and new things to come, new outlook, and new hopes.  We of course went right to the doctor first part of the year, because we wanted to know what our next steps were.  We had heard hubby had a low count, and I had PCOS, and so we wanted to find out what our options were.  This time, we met with the doctor. At the time, I was 2 days into my friend, and the doc said we should go ahead and try IUI again.  Hubby got tested again, and it was normal, odd....and I got checked, and started the process again.  I then started to research PCOS, which caused lack of ovulation at times and difficulty getting pregnant.  It was very common amongst women.  One of the solutions was to work on diet, gluten free, more protein, no sweets, and to loose some weight.  2 weeks later, friend showed up again, the IUI didn't work.  We had done 3 sessions now, and we decided one more just to try.  I had to take a month off, due to having a cyst, and then tried again for number 4.  That was also unsuccessful.  I had also started working on our diets, new recipes, salads, a lot of fruits and veggies, less grains (I couldn't go completely gluten free) and no sweets.  I started dropping the weight, not trying to, but it was not a bad thing.  Hubby started loosing some as well!  I started exercising more, walking in the evenings with Bella, still had the occasional glass of wine, but cut out sweets altogether.  And for those of you who know me, that is NOT easy.  I love chocolate, and sweets, and this was quite a challenge for me.
One of the new foods we found, because I was going semi gluten free, was spaghetti squash,  I tried all kinds of new recipes with this vegie.  This was was with marinara, mozzarella and basil.  I mean overall, these new recipes weren't bad.  Hubs enjoyed trying new things too.  I started going crazy on pinterest, new recipes every other night!  No sweets....


So, since we were still not pregnant, I started pouring myself into my etsy and sewing.  I mean, it was like therapy and I would earn a little money :)  I also really got into gardening a lot, it was spring by this point!  Oh so many projects, it was taking my mind off of everything.  I was over a year of trying, and 4 unsuccessful IUI's, 15 lbs lost, and I still had nothing to show for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a Sweet Nothing!